
Okay...My first week in YW as the new Mia Maid Advisor and our Tuesday activity is floating down the Prove River...I'm adventurous so I found inner tubes @ Big O for a screamin' deal I might add...and off we went! I decided to ride at the end to make sure everyone was okay. Taylor's last words were,"Hurry Mom, I don't want you to be alone"...little did she know...I jumped on my tube and almost made it to the first bend maybe 100 yards when my tube caught on a rock or tree branch and I heard the dreaded hissing sound of the tube deflating! I quickly pushed to the side and realized I was in trouble...Everyone gone...the truck locked and I couldn't swim upstream...nor could I climb over the huge rocks on the side to get out! What's a girl to do????I waited as a few floaters went by and told them to tell my group I popped my tube and would hopefully be down soon! I saw a couple that was fixing their tube upstream and after 20 min or so, they came down and as they were going by asked I needed help...I tried to climb in with them but they were going too fast so they told me to climb out and climb to the next bend...I felt like I was on "Survivor" using my tube to push through the stinging neddle and other stuff...I finally made it to them and they rescued me!!!They were a couple from Orem on "Date Night"... Nothing like a third person :) Luckily, we chatted and I made it to the end. I was glad to see all the girls made it okay! I wonder what the activity will be next week...Rappelling???


No comments:
Post a Comment